It never fails that when I have fresh produce (bananas and tomatoes are two of the worst offenders) pesky little fruit flies (of which I can only assume are the devil reincarnate) take over my kitchen. Not only are they unappetizing, but they are downright embarrassing. Luckily, I’ve found a nontoxic fruit (fly) cocktail to eradicate these winged pests.
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Small bowl
- Plastic wrap
- Fill bowl with roughly 1/2 inch of apple cider vinegar.
- Place plastic wrap over top of bowl, making sure to secure it tightly around the edges.
- Poke 3 to 4 sets of holes in the plastic wrap with a fork.
- The tiny holes from the fork will allow the fruit flies to enter into the bowl, but not exit.
- I learned (through trial and error) that white vinegar doesn’t work. Not even a little bit.
- I also learned (the hard way 🙁 ) that fruit flies are attracted to red wine. Consider yourself warned!
- As I write this post I have a vinegar bowl with 15…..no wait, make that 16….. winged pests who have flown their last flight 😈 .
- You’ll thank me for this solution when you make Fire Cider as it is a flying devil magnet.