- 1 Green Apple
- 1-2 teaspoons Ground Cinnamon
- 1 Brown Rice Tortilla
- 1/2 – 1 tablespoon Butter (or Coconut Oil)
- Cut apples into thin slices. We love our Progressive Apple Slicer and Corer which cuts any apple into 16 evenly sliced pieces. This little contraption is affordable and is a huge time saver for our family.
- Warm butter (or coconut oil) in skillet over medium heat.
- Add apple slices and cook for 6-10 minutes, stirring occasionally to make sure apples don’t burn.
- Once apples slices are soft (but not mushy), sprinkle ground cinnamon evenly over them.
- Place cooked apple slices on tortilla and drizzle with honey.
- Fold tortilla in half (like a taco) and enjoy!
- I prefer tart green apples for this recipe because the tart pairs well with the sweetness of the honey.
- If you’re feeling adventurous, try substituting my caramel recipe for the honey. You will not be disappointed.
- Brown rice tortilla’s are a great option for this dessert because they have a relatively neutral flavor which allows the apple, cinnamon, and honey to shine.