Warning: If you’re not already addicted to balls, you will be after trying these bad boys. They are not addictive in a destructive manner like drugs, Pokemon Go, alcohol, or the famous “Song That Never Ends” (yes it goes on and on my friends). Rather, they are addictive in an unsuspecting and pleasant way. We enjoy them so much that we often make a double batch. Lucky for us (and for you), these delicious treats take less than 10 minutes to make, including clean up.
I originally made them as a grab and go breakfast idea, but also enjoy them as an afternoon snack. As a special treat to satisfy my sweet tooth, I spread some homemade chocolate icing on them. There’s something about the marriage between chocolate and peanut butter that is unparalleled (and oh so glorious!).
1/2 cup organic peanut butter
1/4 cup local honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup puffed millet or puffed rice
- In medium mixing bowl, mix peanut butter, honey, and vanilla
- Add puffed millet (or rice), stirring to combine
- Roll mixture into 12 balls
- Store in refrigerator
- If peanut butter doesn’t appeal to your palette, feel free to substitute another nut butter that is more to your liking
- To switch things up, sometimes I use crunchy peanut butter for an added crunch
- The organic peanut butter I prefer does not have added sugar, so I use 1/4 cup of honey. If this is too sweet (or not sweet enough), adjust accordingly
- I use a cookie scoop (or melon baller) to make the balls, which takes a fraction of the time as rolling them by hand (trust me on this one)
Recipe inspired by Vegangela